“I the LORD do not change” (Malachi 3:6).
Recently we decided to downsize and reluctantly listed our property on the real estate market. So for the past month we have been sorting through everything: cupboards, closets, shelves, drawers, storage rooms, the garage and barns. Sorting through forty-seven years of stuff and many, many precious memories.
Everything has changed…except God.
- Our children have grown and left home. They all have their own wonderful families now.
- Our home address has changed several times.
- Friends change but God always supplies new precious friends.
- Careers change and our responsibilities change.
- Because we have moved to different locations, we have changed churches several times. And pastors move too.
- Hobbies change as we age.
- Our bodies change. Our looks change.
But God does not change!
What a secure feeling to know that although our lives and circumstances keep changing, God is always the same. He never leaves us or forsakes us. He always leads, guides and protects us. He never gets old, tired or hard of hearing. He never gets sick. Not only does He not change, He is always present. He is always faithful. His love endures forever. Our God is amazing!
Father, what a comfort You are. Knowing You means security and peace. Thank You, thank You! Amen.
by Katherine Kehler
used by permission
My God is…
Follow Us On: