What is a Spirit Filled Life?
- To be filled means to be controlled by the Spirit. This is a work of God in us that we receive by Faith.
- Factors that contribute to the readiness of our heart for His filling:
- We must desire to live a life that will please the Lord.
- We must be willing to surrender our life totally and irrevocably to our Lord Jesus on an ongoing basis.
- We must confess our known sins to experience the cleansing and forgiveness that God promised in 1John 1:9
- It is not a once-and-for-all experience since there are many things that can stop the free flow of the Spirit. We must be intentional to be controlled and empowered with the Spirit as a way of life.
- God commands us to be filled by the Spirit in Eph 5:18 “Do not get drunk on wine, which leads to debauchery. Instead, be filled with the Spirit.” So therefore we can be confident that He will empower us as we surrender.
- The purpose of the filling of the Spirit is that we might live a joyful life of significance and be a fruitful witness for Christ.
Used with permission: Intercultural Network