“God shall supply all your needs, according to His riches in glory” Philippians 3:19
We were having dinner with an interesting group of people from four cities in the United States and Canada. We had never met any of them before and found ourselves sitting beside a couple who were about our age and had also traveled the world. I enjoyed hearing about their adventures.
Towards the end of the meal, they let me know that they were not religious (they had seen us pray before we started our meal). I told them I wasn’t religious either, but I had a personal relationship with God. He said he was an atheist. “You don’t know what you’re missing,” I told him. Shortly after that we all left, but I continue to pray for them.
What were they missing out on, I asked myself later.
• Forgiveness of sins and peace with the Eternal God. John 3:16
• Someone to talk to twenty four hours a day. 1 Thessalonians 5:18
• God’s unfailing love. He never holds a grudge, is never moody, laughs with me, and comforts me when I am sad. 1 John 4:8
• Someone who listens to my prayers all the time and answers in the way that is best for me and the people I am concerned about. Jeremiah 3:3
• The One Who changes me and helps me become a nicer person. Galatians 5:22
• Someone Who gives me wisdom. James 1:5
• The confidence that God is the blessed controller of all things. Psalm 109:21
• The knowledge that God opens my eyes to the beauty around me to see the blessings He floods my life with. Psalm 23
• The One who supplies everything I need. Philippians 4:19
Lord, these are some of the multitude of things this man and unbelievers everywhere are missing because they don’t know You. Open their eyes, Lord, so they can see and believe. Thank You Lord for being everything we need.
If you are reading this devotional by email you can respond by clicking on this link: