So often I have looked at the screen of my computer and wanted to write about God – who He is. I always feel so tongue/finger tied. He is so great and my words so inadequate to write about Him.
So today, I will include a summary of the Attributes of God, written by Dr. William R. Bright, the founder of Campus Crusade for Christ, International:
1. Because God is personal spirit…I will seek intimate fellowship with Him.
2. Because God is all-powerful…He can help me with anything.
3. Because God is ever-present…He is always with me.
4. Because God knows everything…I will go to Him with all my questions and concerns.
5. Because God is sovereign…I will joyfully submit to His will.
6. Because God is holy…I will devote myself to Him in purity, worship and service.
7. Because God is absolute truth…I will believe what He says and live accordingly.
8. Because God is righteous…I will live by His standards.
9. Because God is just…He will treat me fairly.
10. Because God is love…He is unconditionally committed to my well being.
11. Because God is merciful…He forgives me of my sins when I sincerely confess them.
12. Because God is faithful…I will trust Him to always keep His promises.
13. Because God never changes…my future is secure and eternal.
Father, deep within our hearts we want to know Who you are.
If you are reading this devotional by email you can respond by clicking on this link:
follow on Facebook follow on Twitter follow by EMAIL
follow RSS feed Short Daily quotes at: God-daily.com
Brought to you by www.thoughts-about-god.com