This Easter Sunday I was impressed with the newness that the Risen Christ brings to our lives. Being reminded of how His death conquered all that drags us down truly brings us back to the roots of our faith and our freedom. The “stuff of life” can easily distract and pull us away from the life changing truth that is ours on a daily basis.
With renewed commitment today I want to take to heart the words of Hebrews 12.
“… let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Let us fix our eyes on Jesus.’ Hebrews 12:1-2
1 Peter 1:13 tells us exactly how to do this in very practical terms:
– Prepare your mind. Keep scripture fresh in your thoughts.
– Be self-controlled. Pay attention to where your focus lies.
– Set your hope fully on the grace to be give you when Jesus Christ is revealed.
Let’s receive the grace offered to us on a daily basis, knowing that the trials of life are not the enemy. Rather the enemy is the choice of becoming lost in the trail and failing to grasp the grace held out to us daily to sustain us through the trial.
So let’s run with the grace given to us for today, and trust God with the tomorrows of our lives. His grace will meet us when we get to tomorrow.
Christ is risen indeed! May we walk in the power and grace of the risen Christ.
By Gail Rodgers
Used by Permission
• The Easter Story – the story of Christ’s death and resurrection
• I Want to Know Him! Christ and his Resurrection Power