Yes, Your One Life Matters

by Holley Gerth

Daily devotional
There has never been and will never be another you. That means the bravest thing you can do is to be who you already are. Because it’s safer to be like someone else. It’s easier to hide. It’s simpler to say, “I’m not good enough” and walk away. But we need you, friend.
We need your gifts.
We need your strengths.
We need your smile.

When you are who you’re created to be, you become a mirror of the heart of the One who made you. The enemy of your soul will try to tell you to change who you are because he would love to interfere with that reflection. Say no, my friend.
No to comparing.
No to competing.
No to copying.

Instead open your heart, spread out your wings, lift up your head and live with divine confidence. You have much to offer. You are a one-of-a-kind original. No one can ever be better than you at being you. Say yes, my friend.
Yes to boldness.
Yes to beauty.
Yes to being who God made you.

Say that “yes” with all your heart for all your life. Speak it with everything you do and all that you become. Because one of the very best ways to change the world is by refusing to change who God created you to be.

You can comment on this devotional online at:
_________________________________________

follow us on Facebook follow on Facebook follow us on Twitterfollow on Twitter follow by EMAIL

Homepages:
Homepage of Devotions
Homepage of Main Website

Short Thoughts For Mobile DevicesGod-daily.com

This entry was posted in Thoughts by All, thoughts by Holley Gerth, Women's Thoughts and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

8 Responses to Yes, Your One Life Matters

1. Brilliant says:

Yes,i am who i am,i am much concerned with my character because that really who i am,not my reputation because it’s what people think i am..

2. Patrice says:

Thanks for this reminder! Oh my goodness! I just took a short vacation and all along the way I believe God showed me how I truly do matter. I met a lot of different people and interacted with them. I would like to think I made a positive difference in their day. It feels so good to smile and feel the “joy of the Lord.” “We” are special because God is our Creator. He made us and loves us! This is a good reading, for sure. Sometimes we have to be removed from the daily grind to remember how unique and special we are.

3. Bethany says:

Thank you. This was very inspiring.

4. Antoinette Van den Berg says:

This changed the thoughts I had tonight just in time!

5. macmilian says:

l didn’t understand the last sentence which reads ”because on of the best ways to change the world is by refusing to change who God created you to be,,the word ”who” was it not suppose to be ”how ”

6. Stephen Bernard says:

This is awesomely inspiring devotional. I love the insight that you should remain to be the exact reflection of the One, God the Father in heaven ,who created you! Say a Big NO to your enemy-the Devil- when he tempts you to have a change of mind. Praise The Lord Jesus.
    Thank you. God bless you and keep you.

7. Jo Melis says:

Say YES…..Every hair on our heads are counted…..We are God creation, we should be proud of it……..This world wants us to change, to copy, not be our selves to be dissatisfied as we are. Worldly Marketing. bigger and better so they say but it is not the beauty that God made in us. Yes be our selves: His simile, His laugh, His heart.
    Thank you for the reading to remind us what we have. HIS IMAGINE. God bless you all……
    Lets keep it…… .