Be Confident in God’s Strength in You

by Jon Walker

daily devotional onlineThen Caleb silenced the people before Moses and said, ‘We should go up and take possession of the land, for we can certainly do it.’”
Numbers 13:30 (NIV)

God wants you confident in the truth that, through him, all things are possible. Your focus will determine your behavior and it will influence your faith.

When the Israelites first approached the borders of Canaan, Moses sent scouts into the Promised Land to assess the situation. Ten of the scouts came back with reports that focused on the giants in the land, men so big and powerful the scouts feared they could not be defeated.

However, two of the scouts remained focused on the promise from God that he would hand the land over to the Israelites. One of those scouts, Caleb, silenced the others when he said, “We should go up and take possession of the land, for we can certainly do it” (Numbers 13:30 NIV).

He was focused on the magnitude of God, not the magnitude of any giant challenges ahead. Today you may see many giants that challenge your faith — giants of time and energy, finances and resources, fear and faithlessness.

God wants you to be confident that he’s pouring his strength into you so you can do whatever it takes to defeat these giants. God says you can take possession of an abundant life because he is with you.

By seeing his hand sweep away the personal giants in your life, you’ll be even more confident that you can do all things through him who strengthens you (Philippians 4:13).

What are you thinking -

•     What are you facing today that seems too big to handle? Are they too big for God?
  •     Do you focus your day by studying God’s Word in the morning? How would doing so give you confidence in God’s strength throughout the day?

You can comment on this devotional online at:

_________________________________________

follow us on Facebook follow on Facebook follow us on Twitterfollow on Twitter follow by EMAIL

Homepages:
Homepage of Devotions
Homepage of Main Website

Short Thoughts For Mobile DevicesGod-daily.com

This entry was posted in Thoughts by All, thoughts by Jon Walker, Thoughts by Men and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

6 Responses to Be Confident in God’s Strength in You

1. Carol says:

wow very encouraging and uplifting words

2. Margarita says:

Right at this minute I am facing such a huge giant on my desk, I am afraid of the papers I have to dig to understand the procedure I’m working at. I am afraid I can’t do it, or even if I do, I’ll make mistake. Dear JESUS, please, come to help me, reassure me that there’s nothing impossible with YOU, slow my heartbeats, give me confidence that I am able to do whatever is demanded from me. Give me insight and wisdom to read between the lines and to understand the hidden meaning. Help me, I bag you. Calm my troubled soul and let me be able to accomplish this vacancy competition on the level. Let my vice director be satisfied with my…

3. AmyC says:

I can do all things through God who strengthen me! If we have Faith in our God, we can almost claim all the positive words in our dictionary, eg. able, beautiful, can, dare, enable, finish, got, have, ideal, jovial, kind, love, manage, nice, ok, peace, qualify, raise, stable, take, up, valuable, win & yes. Pray that God will let us claim more positive words in our dictionary, amen.

4. Daughter of zion says:

This blog blesses me each day and I thank God for the people who continually promote the word of God in this generation. The giant in my life is so small that at times, I ask myself why God isn’t doing anything about it yet. I know he will surely do something but how he will do it is what I don’t know. I will trust the maker of all things and he will direct my path. Amen

5. Stephen Bernard says:

God is great and tells me time and again, can’t I do what you desire?. Yes, He can do whatever we want but, I many times ask God to do what He likes to do in me, in spite of I desire He may do as I want. It may be because of my unbelief. But again God through His word, tells me that He can do anything and hence, do not fear. Yes. He likes to encourage His children frequently. Praise the Lord. Yes. We often nurse the giants in our life. We should reject and discard them immediately, when they raise their heads.
    Thank you. God bless you and keep you.

6. NAMBAZIIRA VIOLINE HOPE says:

AM SO GRATEFUL FOR THIS DEVOTION COS AS AM WRITING TEARS ARE ROLLING DOWN MY CHECKS BECAUSE HAVE KNOWN THAT HAVE BEEN TRULY CHEATING MY SELF BY NOT KNOWING THAT GOD IS ALWAYS BY MY SIDE TO HEAL ALL MY WOUNDS AND ALSO CONQUER ALL MY PROBLEMS .AM SO HAPPY COS I NOW KNOW I HAVE A LOVING GOD .THANKS SO MUCH GOD FOR USING JON WALKER TO HEAL MY EYES COS HAVE BEEN BLIND ALL ALONG,GOD BLESS U SO MUCH WALKER