What Do You Smell Like?

by Mike Woodard

A woman walked past me and the aroma of her perfume was so sweet and appealing that I turned and looked at her as she walked away. It reminded me of the perfume of a dear lady who took me under her wing as a child. I stood for a moment savoring the smell and the memory.

My thoughts took another bent… I wonder how I smell? Not that I wear perfume or cologne but what aroma do my actions leave in the lives of those with whom I come in contact? What do others think when I walk past? Am I patient, kind and others focused so that I leave a fragrance after I walk by? Or do I live solely focused on my agenda, self-centered and impatient, demanding or uncaring? To be honest, the latter scenario is too often the reality.

I do want to be a “sweet aroma” to my family, friends, neighbors and associates at work. I want to leave a pleasant aroma for those causal encounters with clerks and service people with whom I come in contact, a smell that lingers even after I am gone.

I want to be the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Christ in every place… How about you?

But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and manifests through us the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Him in every place. For we are a fragrance of Christ to God among those who are being saved and among those who are perishing; to the one an aroma from death to death, to the other an aroma from life to life. And who is adequate for these things?”   -2 Corinthians 2:14-16  (NASB)

You can comment on this devotional online at:

This entry was posted in Thoughts by All, Thoughts by Men, thoughts by Mike Woodard and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

10 Responses to What Do You Smell Like?

1. poligrafia says:

Spot on with this write-up, I truly feel this amazing site needs far more attention. I’ll probably be back again to see more, thanks for the
    info!

2. Exceptional post however I was wanting to know if you could
    write a litte more on this subject? I’d be very grateful if you could elaborate a little bit further.
    Cheers!

3. Loc Nguyen says:

I gotta favorite this internet site it seems extremely helpful extremely helpful If you have more time, please visit my site: http://thoitranggiaydepnam2014.wordpress.com

4. I am really enjoying the theme/design of your website. Do you ever run into any browser compatibility problems? A few of my blog visitors have complained about my blog not working correctly in Explorer but looks great in Chrome. Do you have any suggestions to help fix this problem?

5. I am exploring the Internet as I never have before. I have more time since I reitred. I can see that there is a rich diversity in the blogs I am reading and I am trying to leave some comment whereever I visit. I think that you have to put some attention on a blog to bring it above the dry and boring verbage that is common, and you have definitely accomplished that. I not only read and comment on the blogs of others but I now have my own blog and my own website. My email and site are included with this post. Is it ok that I included them? TheVeryBest2You 13 9

6. web site says:

However, I do recall challenges on Internet forums,
    as franchisees would give away proprietary information accidentally, or when
    disgruntled customers of 1 franchisee would get online, and
    trash a brand name name hurting all from the franchisees inside
    the entire system. But for individuals who love this smelly
    treat, there’s a method to have fun here more today.

There is no one around, with out hint as to the way it arrived at this location, a public area.

7. coupon code says:

If some one needs expert view regarding running a blog after
    that i advise him/her to visit this blog, Keep up the
    good work.

8. sobhi malas says:

9. Stephen Bernard says:

If the fruit of the Holy Spirit is in us the aroma will make the passersby turn and look at us, want to talk to us and know the source of this sweet fragrance. Jesus will be seen by them. Praise the Lord.

God bless you and keep you.

10. AmyC says:

I also want to be the sweet aroma of the knowledge of Christ in every place. This afternoon, I once again sense the sweet aroma of my body when I helped 2 older ladies to get the things they wanted to purchase in cheaper price and better quality respectively. My sweet aroma came from the Holy Spirit He guides me to do good all day long. Praise and Thank The LORD, Amen.