God Provides for His Own

by Katherine Kehler

And my God shall supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:19

This is the story of Marie.  Marie is from Jamaica and is one of our (Thoughts About God) Prayer partners.  She is 53 years old.  Marie’s story of God’s daily provision throughout her life will surely encourage you.

I want to share my testimony with those who are seeking financial and other blessings from God.  My daily walk with God is one blessing after another.

I was saved when I was 12 years old–lost my mother when I was 15 and have also lost my only child.  No one came to my rescue but God.  Every time He sent someone to meet my needs. I would wake up in the morning and find money, food or clothing.  I just give thanks.

I grew tired of living from pay check to pay check, but looking back, I recognize that He has always come through for me and I so I share with others whatever he bless me with.  My cupboards have never gone dry or empty. My brothers and sisters–trust God for everything and give Him thanks for it.

I am working, but my take home pay is little, yet every day He provides the bus fare, the lunch and money to buy my medication.  God is good all the time and all he wants us to do is trust him for everything.  Ask him and believe him for the answers.

One of the things I learned over the years is to give thanks for everything no matter how small it is or seems. God provides for His own.  We (people around the world) are experiencing difficulty now, but God is in control. Just like He protected the children of Israel and provided for them, He will do the same for his children in the difficult times we are facing now.”

I could go on but remember Maria is praying for you and your requests.  I know God is answering them even now.

Thank you, Lord Jesus that you do indeed provide for all our needs as you promised.  Give us the grace to trust you and not to worry or fret.  We love you, our great and mighty God.  Amen.

You can comment on this devotional online at:

This entry was posted in Thoughts by All, thoughts by Katherine Kehler, Women Authors and tagged , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

9 Responses to God Provides for His Own

1. sobhi malas says:

Thank you, Lord Jesus that you do indeed provide for all our needs as you promised. Give us the grace to trust you and not to worry or fret. We love you, our great and mighty God. Amen.

2. Stephen Bernard says:

God, the Father is Good so Good, He doesn’t leave His children go hungry. I too have lived in my younger days with limited resources, yet I don’t remember, a day ever I cried for my want. He provided all that I needed. Now I remember those days joyously, gratefully.
    God has brought me to great heights in life, the joy is His gifts. I vouch Marie’s testimony as fully True. God our Father is so loving and caring, there is no word sufficient to describe its length, depth, breadth. It’s immeasurable as the Universe itself. Praise the Lord. We can’t thank Him enough in this life of ours however long it may be.
    I join in your prayer…

3. AmyC says:

Thank you for your testimony, GOD IS GREAT! He loves all His children, I am one of His many children. I am secured and guaranteed a good plan in live under His supervision. Praise and Thank The LORD. He is our everything, we have no want. For as long as there is tomorrow there is His LOVE. Amen

4. Ron Gerstbauer says:

Thank you! I needed to be reminded of that today; times are hard for my family and I, however when I look back we have never gone without, even when we do not know where tomorrow is coming from…. Thank God for the many blessings in our lives especially the love of the Father, the sacrifice of the Son and the power of the Spirit.

5. Ophelia says:

I am so glad that you took the time to write this. It uplifted my spirits. I know the Lord will make a way when there seems to be no way out of a situation. I am learning more and more to lean on Him. I just went through the hardest faith test of my life this past week. At 37 years old I don’t have the pleasure of saying that I have had fun and was able to live a life like I desired to have. I had to always be home and take care of my parents, grandparents, cousins, uncles and aunts. I have shed many tears because I feel like my life was placed on hold after college and I am not progressing. After reading your testimony I know that I have…

6. Karen says:

Wow – this is just like me! “53” LOL! All kidding aside, I can surely relate to the glories and riches God has provided me throughout my life. You must keep the faith!

7. fungai Muzambi says:

I am truly encouraged by your testimony. I have experienced all that and have gone without cash and food, but I thanked the Lord each and everyday I woke up alive. God providentily provides for all our needs if we only learn to totally depend and trust HIM. I say Ebenezer for HE has taken me this far. I am yet to submit my testimony about how the Lord has greatly provided for me in ways I never understand. We serve an awesome, loving, caring, understanding GOD. I will never stop worshipping nor praising His Holy name. I am humbled, may God continue to abundantly bless you.

8. Maya says:

I also felt down like crying seems that something is missing in my life like nothing is coming wright but i believe that something will happen and God is gonna provide.

Thanks for this message have a blessed day.

9. mandisa mlala says:

thank you for an encouraging message Maria, l was so down yesterday when l saw your website, l owe a clothing shop about $400 dollars and they had just called me to tell me that they are sending me sarmons on friday (tomorrow) but after reading your blog l felt relieved knowing that l am not alone. Thank u keep it up.